Its dimensional stability and toughness are excellent in the temperature range -40°C to +90°C.
POM material grades offer excellent sliding and wear characteristics. Although its UV resistance is low, this can be improved with stabilisers.
Sealing applications for POM include: slide bearing, bearing, back-up ring, moulded parts and machined components.
This family of thermoplastics is mainly characterised by:
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good resistance to creep
- High impact resistance, even at low temperatures
- Very good dimensional stability
- Very low water absorption
- Good sliding properties especially with PTFE fillers
- Excellent machinability
- Very good electrical insulator.